Is Fedloan Servicing Legit? Whats Your Reviews? Have You Got Loan Forgiveness
Fedloan Servicing has a lot of problems related to Student Loans Repayment and PSLF (Public Service Loan Forgiveness). Many borrowers have reviewed it as a “worst student loan servicer”. Many People have filed the law Suit against the Fedloan Servicing & Dept of Education Over PSLF. What do you think?
Customer Representatives are Incompetent.
I have been trying to deal with issues in regards to my PSLF monthly since February of 2013! None of the customer representatives have the right information, they are incompetent as I have to read them the fine print on the contract, even when promised a response, none is given. I have spent hundreds of hours on the phone trying to understand how payments from the federal government (Segal Education Award) paid to the federal government don’t qualify for payments!
They have the wrong begin and end dates for employment even though they now have over 10 forms from me with the CORRECT dates on them! And just today I have been on hold for over an hour because they can’t seem to recognize that 32.5 hours a week is FULL time in their book.
I am so beyond frustrated with this system! I can’t get a hold of a supervisor that oversees AmeriCorps payments. And have been on hold waiting for a supervisor for over 30 minutes.
– Dana Henry Via Facebook Page
FedLoan Servicing: for student loans
For the past 6 months, I have had the most frustrating experience with your agency.
1. My income-based repayment each month has been set to be 3X what I make in a paycheck
2. Each time I call, I’m told to resubmit an income-driven repayment form THEN the form is denied because it’s “not due” (if this doesn’t make sense it’s because it doesn’t make sense)
3. Then my payment reverts back to 3X what i bring home in a paycheck and I have to “claim forbearance” — I’ve done this 3 times already
4. Then I’m told none of my payments are counting towards public service loan forgiveness (after working for a 1.5 years for a qualified non-profit)
ANYONE that can avoid FedLoan Servicing PLEASE DO. Also if anyone has had similar experience I would love to get some testimonials together. This is absolutely ridiculous.
– Marie Ann Via Facebook Page